In thinking about Valentine’s Day, random ideas, thoughts, memories and actions rush through my head in no particular order. So here they are for your reading pleasure in no particular order:
- In Ann Arbor, it has snowed every Valentine’s Day since I have lived here, making me want to stay in the house.
- My first day with Borders was Valentine’s Day, 1995.
- I used to care so little about Valentine’s Day that a girlfriend and I went out to eat that night forgetting it was “the” day and laughed incredibly hard that everyone at the expensive restaurant assumed we were a couple. We had fun playing it up.
- To all you men out there, every kiss does not begin with Kay’s
- To all you men out there, every kiss does begin with Tiffany’s.
- I still send my mother a Valentine every year.
- I love the heart shaped sugar cookies you find in the bakeries this time of year.
- I donated to my local animal shelter, as my dogs get so much love every day.
- I love watching the Westminster Dog Show on Valentine’s Day which works perfectly as it is always snowing here in Ann Arbor. (see photo of exotic breed of dog, the komondor)
I am thinking of running away from home. Yesterday when you left the two of us at the dog grooming salon, no one fussed over me as they usually do. Dash got all the attention. The women marveled at his soft fur and kept praising him for every little thing. They cooed at him and made silly noises. What is the big deal about stupid puppies anyway? I always go to the bathroom outside. I sit. I cuddle, and I do not bite everything I see. I never try to steal shoes or socks and I walk perfectly on my leash. So what if my breath is a little stinky? You force me to go to the doggie dentist for a cleaning and at least my teeth are not sharp as a razor and falling out. I do not bark at my reflection and if I tried to bite you I cannot even begin to imagine what would happen. But when he bites you, you just yell, “Ouch,” and give him a toy. Life is so unfair. When you go out he cries like a little baby and I have to stay here and listen to it. It is maddening. Visitors come over to see him and so do other dogs. When is the last time anyone did that for me, I ask you? Then the final straw came when we left the grooming salon and he received a toy. Even though it was a weird looking bird thing, I still wanted one. I never got a toy just for getting a bath. Again, I ask you what is the big fuss about puppies? So, yes I did it. I found the weird looking bird thing and I chewed its eyes off. See how he likes that!
the rat terrier and older brother
I promise to still play with him and let him sleep next to me once in awhile, if I feel like it.