In thinking about Valentine’s Day, random ideas, thoughts, memories and actions rush through my head in no particular order. So here they are for your reading pleasure in no particular order:
- In Ann Arbor, it has snowed every Valentine’s Day since I have lived here, making me want to stay in the house.
- My first day with Borders was Valentine’s Day, 1995.
- I used to care so little about Valentine’s Day that a girlfriend and I went out to eat that night forgetting it was “the” day and laughed incredibly hard that everyone at the expensive restaurant assumed we were a couple. We had fun playing it up.
- To all you men out there, every kiss does not begin with Kay’s
- To all you men out there, every kiss does begin with Tiffany’s.
- I still send my mother a Valentine every year.
- I love the heart shaped sugar cookies you find in the bakeries this time of year.
- I donated to my local animal shelter, as my dogs get so much love every day.
- I love watching the Westminster Dog Show on Valentine’s Day which works perfectly as it is always snowing here in Ann Arbor. (see photo of exotic breed of dog, the komondor)